January 11, 2012

Happy Anniversary - January 11, 2012



Happy Anniversary this month to my In-laws.  They will have been married for 26 years. I looked around for many sketches to use for the design of this card but nothing appealed to me.  I decided to take the plunge and design my own sketch and it was fun!!!

The image is from Close to My Heart D1261 Simple Beauty.  I colored the image and craftable paper flower using my copic markers then layered the flower on top of the main part of the image with a pop-up dot.  The theme of my sketch are ovals based on the cool image. I hope the recipients love the card!

3 comments:

dannyscotland said...

I love this, what a beautiful card. I think I like the colors and the flower most of all.

Regan said...

Gorgeous, Ginger! I love how you colored the flower and layered it on top of your image! Such pretty colors too! I'm sure your in-laws will love it! Wow, 26 years is pretty amazing!! (My parents celebrate their 39th next week!) Great job on creating your own layout too! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Tippy said...

Love this card. The colors are beautiful and the flower layer really brings out the colors.