February 17, 2014

Tool Belt - 2/17/2014


My stepfather's birthday is coming up in March.  He loves working on projects around the house, and has helped me with several projects at my house.  I thought a perfect theme for his birthday card would be something to do with tools.  I saw this adorable tool belt card over at Beestamper from 2008.  I decided to try this tool belt making my own pattern, and using different shades of Brown.  I also sponged the paper to make it look more like a tool belt with varying colors.  The tools actually came from my silhouette, though you could use sticker tools.  I plan on having an upcoming tutorial on how to make this card soon!

Challenges:

One Crazy Stamper Anything Goes Challenge
Scribble and Scrap Challenge Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
Make it Monday MM#179
Catered Crop Good Birthday Recipe Swap



19 comments:

Tippy said...

This card is a perfect card for a male "do it yourself" type guy. Your Stepfather is going to be surprised. Great idea.

Linda Palmer said...

This is a great card, I love the idea so I saved your card to my collection of someday to make file. I love the design of this masculine card, such a great idea.

Chris Dring said...

OMGee! This is too stinkin' adorable!

Chana Malkah said...

This is so cute! I am sure your hubby will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafter''s Cafe Challenge Blog!
Hugz,
Chana

Chana Malkah said...

Oops, sorry! I am sure your Stepfather will love it!
Hugz,
Chana

dannyscotland said...

That's a great card! My dad would like one like that too. I'll have to remember this when his birthday rolls around.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ginger love the inking you have done on this to make it look just like a tool box. And Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my Stamping Basics ..it really helped boost my morale!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Ginger .
Perfect masculine card design .Love those tools
hugs Shirley-Anne

PoppyK said...

I love this project. Thank you for taking part in the Scribble & Scrap Challenge xx Have a great day and Keeeeeeeeeep Crafting. Katie DT xx

Wendy said...

What a great design, love it! Spotted it on MIM XX

Unknown said...

A great idea for a masculine card Ginger! I love it and will look forward to the tutorial. {Thanks for the visit and sweet comment} Hugs, Lisa

Margaret said...

Excellent card and it looks so real with the tools in it.
Saw this on MIM.
Hugs
Margaret M

Peanut said...

Fab card for a man... Stepdad will be thrilled to get this for sure!
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Faye said...

What a great card! I saw your card on MIM!

Lori said...

This is so cute - a perfect card for your stepfather!

Donna said...

Adorable card Ginger! He will be so happy to receive this! Visiting from MIM. Thanks for visiting my blog! Donna

Unknown said...

Another Fabulous Card! Thanks for sharing over at MIM and Good Luck, Kerry DT xx

Anonymous said...

Nice masculine card,TFS with us at OCS!

Alyx said...

Great card for the blokes. Really effective design. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx