July 12, 2011

The Corrosive Challenge - July 12, 2011

My mother has really been into quilting lately.  She is carrying on the tradition of sewing in my family.  Her mother, my grandmother, was fabulous at sewing.   I am going to be celebrating my mother's birthday in September.  She will be 65 years old.  I think I might hold out and give her this card for her birthday.  The Sketch is from the Corrosive Challenge #124.  You should play along, the sketch is SEW easy!  The stamp set is from Stampin Up Sew Suite.  I made the background paper using SU Bermuda Bay and stamping the spool of ribbon on the back.  The ruler is also made by using the same stamp set.  I cut out the ruler, paper pierced the end, and popped it up with pop up dots!  Have a SEW Fabulous Day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card!!! Everything goes perfect together. I love the little sewing machine, the tape and the buttons and thimble. The spool of ribbon stamped on the background paper just gives a nice finishing touch. Love it!! I know your mother will love it too.

Linda Palmer said...

I love the sewing machine and what great accessories and coloring. Great card.

Regan said...

Oh, Ginger, this is SEW cute!!! Bwahaha! I couldn't resist! But seriously, what an adorable card! I'm sure your mom will love it! Great job making your own designer paper and love all the little sewing embellies! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)
{hugs}
Regan ~ Design Team

Cecelia said...

Hello there;0) This is a great card! I love this! Your mother is going to love this too;0) have a great evening.

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

dannyscotland said...

This is so cute, I love all the sewing elements. I enjoy sewing but don't do enough of it.

NanaConnie said...

This is a perfect card for someone who loves to sew! Love all the different elements and the sewing machine is wonderful. Great dp in the background. (Wish we didn't have to do the word verification thingy!) :-)