August 1, 2012

Fab 5 Win Gold! - I am proud of you! - August 1, 2012



I cried as soon as the U.S. gymnast won the Olympic goal.  You would have thought I had been with them my whole life as they worked hard, had superior dedication, fearless moves and team work.  Yet, I was a spectator appreciating all they had accomplished.  The Fab 5 were the inspiration for me to make this card to celebrate their victory.  I am sure they want to celebrate, but the individual events are just around the corner, and they need to stay focused.  I am super proud of each one of them ( Jordyn Wieber, Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Aly Raisman and Kyla Ross).  




The sketch for my card comes from Tuesday Morning Sketches #157, it is a fun sketch and you should play along!  I am also entering the Twist Tuesday Challenge 2TC17 - anything goes, I hope to play along with more of their challenges since I just discovered their site.  I am also entering the Scrappy Frogs - Red White and Blue Challenge - Have you noticed how many countries have the red white and blue colors in the Olympics?.  My last challenge is over at 365 Cards Day 152 - Olympic Rings, it is a challenge on how you are inspired by the Olympics. I really tried to show off the gold!!!!, and USA colors!!


Do not forget to sign up for my BLOG CANDY, it is a $30 gift card!

11 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Fabulous victory card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Laura said...

What a fun card for any celebration! I love the way the stitching pulls all the colors together! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! :)

dannyscotland said...

I kept crying when I watched them compete, too! Every time they did great on something, I'd be bawling my brains out. I think it's my hormones though. They're still raging post-baby. It's so awesome. I love gymnastics at the Olympics. It's my favorite sport. Your card is really good, too by the way!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card Ginger. I love this sweet and cute party girl. I need to get mine colored. I love your card, so beautiful!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great job on the 365 Cards inspiration, and I can hearing you cheering from here.

AnnMarie said...

Adorable project!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

Grandma Bonnie said...

Isn't this just so awesome! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches, please come join us again!

Debbie said...

This is such a cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love this sweet little party girl! Fab fun cheerful colours too. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

Angela said...

Adorable card...love your inspiration!! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Great card! Love the stitching!

Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Anything Goes Challenge!