June 19, 2011

Pedal on - June 19, 2011

My picture came out a little dark on the left side of the card, but overall I think the card turned out the way I had envisioned.  I decided to participate in The Corrosive Challenge for this week using my MFT Who's That Girl Enjoy the Ride stamp set.  The challenge wanted you to use ribbon and bows.  I am not a very good bow maker, so I spun the idea a little.  I added ribbon to her handle bars which reminds me of the bike I had when I was little.  We all loved having those great streamers flying in the air as we pedal down the road.  My other take on the ribbon was stamping the saying on to it using Stazon Ink.  The saying says " When life gets hard....pedal on."  The paper came from a paper pack my friend gave me awhile ago, and the cute pink rose (which does not look pink because of the shadowing) came from my blog candy that I won on one of my new blogs I love to follow by Regan.  I also paper pierced her clothing which adds a bit of dimension to her card. I think this will make a great pick me up for a friend who is having a rough time!

4 comments:

dannyscotland said...

I love the rose, and the bicycle girl is super cute!

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh...great job! Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenges by Janet!

Regan said...

Ginger, this is fabulous! LOVE the ribbons on her handlebars! Such a cute and clever idea! I have trouble with bows too so you have company there! Thanks so much for the sweet shout out and link to my blog! You are too kind! I'm happy to see you using and enjoying your candy! I'm sure your friend will love the card! Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge! {hugs}
Regan ~ Design Team

Linda Palmer said...

That clock is awesome. Great job on it and I am sure he really loved it.

Your card is so cute. Love the striped paper and your coloring.