May 22, 2011

Get Well Soon Aunt Nancy - May 22, 2011

We have had quite a bit of rain this spring!   The rain inspired this "Get Well Soon" card for Bryan's aunt, Nancy.  Nancy is battling a brain tumor, and we are praying for her everyday.  We ask that you pray for her.  I know in my heart that God answers prayers.  I know he healed one of my friend's mothers when I was in 5th grade.  I wrote this verse to her and have always remember it: "I love the Lord because he hath heard my voice and my supplications" Psalm 116:1.  I plan on writing this verse in Nancy's card so she will remember that God is listening to all of us.
   We have decided to send her a bit of chocolate to cheer her up!  I used the Side Card Step tutorial to make this card.  It is so easy and fun to decorate that I plan on making another one, so be watching for it.  The images are from  Close to My Heart D1415.  I used Stampin Up Real Read paper and PaperTray Ink White Paper.  The decorate paper with umbrellas came from 2008 me and my BIG ideas.  Plus a little Stickles to add a bit of glitz!

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Great card. I love all the red. This is a great get well card. I know she will love it. I haven't attempted one of those kind of cards yet. You did a beautiful job on it. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

dannyscotland said...

I like the side step card! I wanted to try one but haven't found time yet. This is such a cute set, too. You make me want to get mine out and stamp with it!

Kristy C said...

We missed you. And I was looking forward to learning how to make the side step card from you! Can't wait till June!