February 20, 2010

Re-Created Easter Cards --- February 20, 2010



Have you ever created a card in the past, that you just had to make better?  Well a couple of Easter's ago, I created a card similar to this one.  I decided to go back to the drawing board and spice it up a bit.  When Easter gets here, I will give these cards to the girls at work along with a bunny treat (chocolate, of course)! 

This card is in honor of my grandmother, who was a great crafter of her time. She use to make adorable decorated "real" eggs with a scene inside. This card is to honor her memory in making those eggs because every time I create this card I think of her.

How I made the Card
I broke out my Creative Memories Cutting System and used one of the ovals. One oval is cut with the Doodlebug Purple Sugar Coated Paper and I could cut the small oval on this part of the Egg.  The second oval was Papertray Ink white paper.  Using a solid white oval allowed me to create the background.   Double Stick Foam Tape (or pop up dots, if you prefer) allows the egg look like it has a 3 dimension. I popped up the bunny and the chick and added a little stickles for some extra sparkle.

Supplies:

Stamp Set: SU Bunny Hugs
Markers: Copic and SU
Paper: Doodlebug Purple Sugar Coated Paper; Papertray Ink White, SU Pixie Pink; DCWV Designer Glitter Paper.
Accessories: Ribbon, Pop-up Dots, Stickles

2 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so very pretty! Your grandmother would be proud of you... I am sure she is smiling down at you!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this delightful Easter card, Ginger! It reminds me of the sugar Easter eggs I loved getting as a child!! What a fun card!!