February 7, 2010

Hopefully, Drying Out from the Snow Storm - February 7, 2010

Every weekend here in Virginia, we have been having snow, snow, snow!  This weather is very unusual for us.  When I saw this digital image on The Stamping Boutique's website, I just knew it would make the perfect card after the all of the snow was over. 
Stamps: The Stamping Boutique Snowman-Laundry-Line
Paper: SU Bashful Blue, SU Green Galore, and SU White
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Ribbon, Snowflake, Mini-Clothespins, Liquid Applique, SU Dazzling Diamonds, Glue Dots, hole punch, snowflake button, heat gun, SU Black Marker, PrimsaColor Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen.

First, I printed out the image and careful cut out the clothes line.  My secret is I use a hole punch to make a few holes so I can cut the inside of the image out.  I colored the clothes line with the black marker to make it thicker looking.  I placed the clothes pins over the images clothes pins.  I used liquid applique and the dazzling diamonds to make the snow at the bottom of the card.  You layer on the liquid applique, sprinkle on the dazzling diamonds and heat with the embossing gun.  Glue dots hold the image in place especially the clothes pins, ribbon and the snowflake on the ribbon.  I used scissors that are resistant to glue, to cut the glue dots in strips to place on the clothes pins.  I printed out the sentiment from the computer.

2 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What an adorable card!! I know you are probably ready for those snowmen to melt!!

Marlene said...

This is great!!!