December 31, 2008

Altered Tin




This is the first time I ever altered a tin. I received the tin from one of my secret sisters for the month of December. I decided to alter the tin and give it as a present. It was really a fun experience. Now, I have to figure out just where she got such a cool tin to alter.

Stamps: Inkadinkado Cattitude, Flower Stamp from the dollar store
Paper: CTMH Designer Paper, SU Pixie Pink, SU Black
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black (dye and pigment)
Accessories: SU Black & Pink Embossing Power, Heat & Stick, Dazzling Diamonds, Heat Gun, CMTH Flower Rhinestones, misc rhinestones, bookmark clip, pop up dots, sticky strip, corner rounder pen.

I cut the paper 7 x 5 1/4 on the front and inside and used a corner rounder for the final touch. I used sticky strip to attach to the box. I used pop up dots to make the folder inside on the sides and sticky strip on the bottom and hand stamped the pink paper before adhering inside the tin. Cover the top of the legal pad with stamped paper and added some bling!

I embossed the cat on the front of the tin using the versamark pad and black embossing powder. I embossed the cat on the book clip in the same manner except I used SU pink embossing powder.

I stamped the flower image on the front with heat and stick, heated it, drizzled the dazzling diamonds, reheated and stuck the flower rhinestones from Close to My Heart for a little bling.

The pen was easy, just rolled some cut paper inside of it to make the final match. I think this turned out to be a great gift!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job. The tin looks professionally made. Loved the colors and the diamonds make give a very rich look. Would make a nice gift or as a surprise to put on a co-workers desk to make them feel special.

Stephanie Niavez said...

Very cute. I can tell ya where to get those awesome tins.