December 29, 2017

Christmas 2017



I



This year, I decided to use the Lawn Fawn Shut the Front Door Die Set. What a better way to celebrate our home than to recreate the front of it on a card. This is the most detailed Christmas card that I have ever made! I stamped Merry Christmas using my Misti on the door mat.  I cut a brick stencil using my Silhouette Cameo; however, if you do not have a cameo, you can get a brick stencil.  I used texture paste and Tim Holtz distressed fired brick ink to make the brick background.  The paste makes it feel like real brick.  I cut the lights and door number out with the silhouette also.  I used orange stickles for the glow of the lights and liquid glass to make the lights look like glass.

When you open up the door....




Surprise!  I created a Christmas tree using stickles and red enamel.  To create the floor, I embossed paper with a wood embossing folder, cut a strip to give the illusion of depth into the home.


The inside of the house, I used a Simon Says Stamp that says:

From Our House to Yours
Merry Christmas
and Happy New Year

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Challenges



3 comments:

dannyscotland said...

I was lucky enough to get one of these beauties in the mail this year and wow, I can tell you, it is definitely one of the most incredible Christmas cards I've ever received. So very, very well done! Merry Christmas!

Samantha Mann said...

this is adorable! love the christmas tree scene that the door opens to! (ok that sentence is TERRIBLE grammatically! ha!) love this card!! so creative!! so fun! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :D

Debbie said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! I love the house front and cozy interior!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That