September 16, 2014

Fall Wreath


Since last year, I have been contemplating making a fall wreath.  I even went out an bought the Styrofoam wreath a year ago.  I finally sat down and made the wreath and used up some of my stash around the house.  First, I used some orange yarn left over from making a Virginia Tech hat.  I covered the entire wreath in the yarn.

 In the midst of covering the wreath, I started cutting out the leaves using my silhouette cameo.  I believe you could also cut out the leaves with a cricuit or a die cut - if you want to make one. Some of the leaves are made with pattern papers and the other leaves are made of solid paper that I embossed through my Cuttlebug.



  The final touch was my acorns.  Just a nice contrast to the background of leaves.  I embossed the tops of the acorn to make them look more realistic.  Thanks for stopping by!





Challenges:

Crafty Girls Challenge: Challenge 26
Creative Fingers Challenge Anything Goes #48
Dream Valley Challenges: Challenge 90 No Stamps Allowed




1 comment:

dannyscotland said...

That is so cute!!! And colorful while still being "fallish"!! I love it!