April 22, 2013

A Happy Hello - April 22, 2013



It is starting to warm up here in Virginia.  I am hoping to see the butterflies and dragonflies soon!  The dragonflies are really attracted to my mother's pool because of the bugs they can find!  They just love flying around, and I love watching them!  They are so beautiful!  I got this great image and all the coordinating paper from my mom as an I LOVE YOU gift!  We give each other I LOVE YOU gifts when we can!  The stamp set is by Gina K Designs.  I used a resist embossing technique on the card, which was super fun!  The sketch also was amazing and really helped highlight the dragonfly and the paper!


Challenges
Sketch Saturday #255
Scrappy Frogs Challenge - Think Spring Challenge
Dream Valley Challenge - Things with Wings
Love RubberStamps Challenge #48 Colors of Spring

5 comments:

dannyscotland said...

Thank goodness for spring, right? I love the dragonfly you used. It reminds me of my favorite butterfly set that is stylistically very similar.

Linda Palmer said...

Ginger, this is a beautiful card. Love the colors together, love the beautiful background paper. You did a beautiful job on this. I love it!

artwolf2009 said...

love the dragonfly and the background you have created around it. Thanks for joining us at the Scrappy frog and I really do hope to see you again

Steph said...

What a pretty card.I love the colours and the shimmer. Beautiful papers too! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon x

Unknown said...

What a great twist on the resist embossing technique! I love the yellow dragonflies! :)