March 13, 2010

Secret Sister Altered DVD Tin - March 13, 2010





I am currently participated in a secret sister swap where you altered six items.  In return, you receive six unique altered ideas.  I love these types of swaps since people are so creative and make such unique things that provide you with new ideas and projects to try yourself.

I altered a DVD tin so that she can write down ideas for swaps.  The stamped image is Stamping Bella's Clickabella since we all talk via the computer and participate in the swaps through the computer. To make the DVD color coordinated, I used two sided designer paper.   The fron cover of the DVD tin is cut 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 and rounded with a corner rounder.  The inside flap is cut 5 1/4 x 8 1/2, scored at 1 1/4 inches.  Then I cut another small piece of the designer paper, used sticky strip to make the pocket by adhering the small piece of paper to the scored folded over flap and some sticky strip on the sides.

The letters were cut out using my cricuit and the Plantin Schooolbook Roly Poly letters at 1 1/2 inches and quickly adhered with the Xyron machine.  This was a fun relaxing project.

2 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so very cute! This is sure to be a hit for the swap!

Wendy Bonner said...

I'm sure she will love it :)