October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween





Lately, I have really been into making cards. My latest creation has been my Halloween Card for my family and friends. I can safely post the card since it now has arrived to all the receipints. I decided to break out my Close to My Heart stamp sets for Halloween. I love these stamps because it makes it easy seeing exactly where to stamp.

Supplies:

Close to My Heart Frightenin' Fun
Stampin Up Only Orange Ink and VersaMark Pad
Stampin Up Black Embossing Powder
Stampin Up Black Card Stock; Only Orange Card Stock; Pumpkin Pie Card Stock
Orange Peel Stickles and Eucalyptus Stickles
Happy Halloween Ribbon
Adhesive
Pop Up Dots

First, I stamp the pumpkin on pumpkin pie card stock (I let the image dry over night for best results before embossing). Next, stamp the versamark image of pumpkin face on pumpkin. Emboss pumpkin face and let dry (one hour). Then cover image in orange peel stickles leaving lines of stamping image uncovered to give the pumpkin dimension. Hand draw stock on pumpkins with Eucalyptus stickles. Let dry over night. Cut out each pumpkin and adhere 2 pop up dots on the back of each pumpkin. Cut 4 1/2 x 5 card out of black card stock, cut smaller Only Orange card stock and adhere ribbon to card with adhesive. Attach to the card and attach pumpkins. Use the extra pieces of orange card stock to stamp Happy Halloween inside. Have fun making the cards and enjoying Halloween!

1 comment:

dannyscotland said...

These are the coolest! I'm so glad you explained how you did it because I was thinking maybe you embossed the whole pumpkins somehow. Wow, very impressive!!