April 27, 2014

Removable Bookmark






I made this card with a removable bookmark.  The bookmark is the embellishment on the card.  I thought a removable bookmark paired well with the image!  The image is from The East Wing etsy store.  She is marvelous, and I cannot imagine having all of that hair!  However, I love it!  This will be a great card to send to a friend who loves to read!  Not only do they receive a card, but a bookmark too!

I am dedicating this card to Linda Palmer, my blog friend, who has suddenly passed away!  She always left me such encouraging comments about my cards, and I loved looking at her blog every week.  She could color marvelously!   I am going to miss her because she always provided inspiration for me!  It is a great reminder to not take life for granted.  Cherish everyone around you!

Challenges:

Seize the Sketch #18
Corrosive Challenge #198
Brown Sugar Challenge #91 Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #192 Lots of Sparkle




7 comments:

dannyscotland said...

Oh, Ginger, I am so sorry to hear about your friend Linda passing. I think your card is a wonderful dedication to her.

My sincerest sympathy on the passing of your friend.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and bookmark love the papers and all that hair would be a nightmare lol-my sympathy on the loss of you friend
carol x

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm so sorry about your friend - there really aren't words. Hugs!
This is such a fun project - love that the bookmark comes off, and that hair....I'm sure it would drive me crazy IRL but it's gorgeous! Glad to have you play along with us at Seize the Sketch :)

Regan said...

Beautiful card, Ginger, and lovely tribute to Linda! I wonder if she knew just how many people she touched? :-) Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
{hugs}
Regan

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend; you are right- we should not take a single day for granted.
Now this is one big, beautiful, head of hair! Your bookmark design is such a clever creation. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch.

Emily Lauritzen said...

Fabulous creation! I love the addition of the bookmark worked right into the card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
<3 Emily L.-DT

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

This is so cute and original. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge for our "Head Gear" challenge. Good luck and please join us again soon!