January 7, 2013

Crew Call Entry - January 7, 2013


I have decided to try out for the crew call over at Technique Tuesday by using their Faux Tile Challenge.  You should hop on over there and try out a technique from last year and perhaps have a chance at becoming part of their crew. 



I also decided to play in a couple more challenges with this card.  First of all, Sweet Stampin had a great idea of using white plus one other color to make your card.  It really makes you think about what to create.  I choose White and Stampin Up's Midnight Muse.  C.R.A.F.T. Challenge 188 had you make your own background paper for your project, so I embossed the white flower onto the blue cardstock for the first background paper and then stamped the flower in blue for the second background.  My main panel is the Faux Tile challenge from last year at Technique Tuesday, and put it all together with the Sweet Stop Sketch SSS192.  One of my favorite cards that I have made this year!  Thanks for stopping by and start creating!

15 comments:

Cathymac said...

Your tiled image panel looks wonderful on the positive - negative background Ginger! Love the blue and white colors! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

dannyscotland said...

I think it looks great!

Linda Palmer said...

This card is fabulous. OI love the technique you used and the colors are perfect for this. Beautiful card. Good Luck! They would be lucky to have you.

Debbie said...

A lovely card and the blue and white are just right for our challenge at Sweet Stampin'.
Dx

Faye said...

I really like the tile effect and the fab blue colours. Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop this week. Good Luck. X

Mynn xx said...

Ginger, this is SO pretty! LOVE the monochrome blue and that flower image is fabulous! Thanks you so much for joining our DT at Technique Tuesday! Good luck! ;)

Mynn xx said...

*DT CALL, so sorry!!! Look at me making serious problems, please forgive me!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card Ginger. I love the reverse images and the tiling. Thank you so much for joining our DT call at Technique Tuesday! Good luck!
hugs,
Ellen

Tracey said...

Good job on the Faux Tile technique Ginger. I think the flower you used is very pretty. Thanks for entering our DT Call at Technique Tuesday and I hope you come back for our next challenge too.
Hugs, Tracey (DT)

xxxtglxxx said...

Very stylish card! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Wilma Z said...

Beautiful card. Love the technique. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

Cheryl said...

Wow! This is a cool technique. I love your choice of image and color. Good luck on the call!

Katy said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I love how you used the faux tile with this sketch and stamping! Thank you so much for joining the DT call at Technique Tuesday! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Beautiful stamping and I love how you've used the monochrome in negative and positive. The faux tile panel looks perfect against your background.Good luck with the crew call
Louise xx

Nancy said...

Beautiful Faux Tile card! Love the reverse images and colors you chose! Thank you so much for joining our DT Call at Technique Time Tuesday!
Nancy xx :D